Attendees: Chris Toriello; Ted Danforth; Tammy Lincoln; Lisa Pelletier; Al Morrison; Liz Langham; Darla Hamlin; Margie Hansel; Thad Day arrived late
7:30 Meeting Called to Order
Speaker: Chris Toriello from Fit3 forME presented that her passion for solving problems led her to Fit3, an overall wellness program where she and her husband coach people on Friendly Foods, Focused Fitness and Frequent Follow Up. It is a common sense approach program where results can be seem in 90 days. She passed on several tips to healthier eating like shopping the perimeter of the grocery store where you find less processed foods; prep health snacks ahead of time so they are easy to grab; keep things simple and avoid foods with more than 6 ingredients, especially if sugar is in the top 3. She also clued us in that metabolic rate is 80% from food intake and 20% from exercise and gave us an easy portion size guide using your hand. Their web site is Fit3forme.com.
~Minutes from the June meeting were accepted. They can be reviewed on line.
~Darla would like to put a conversation of the Trade Show on the agenda for the next meeting.
~She also encouraged support for advertising in the North Yarmouth Fun Day program, which will be held on Sept 16th.
~We are still in need of a treasurer. The finances are done in Quick Books and someone can easily be trained to use it if they don’t already know how.
~ A Membership Survey is still being finalized and will be sent out via Survey Monkey
Membership Accomplishments and Updates:
- FitForME was part of an international conference where ‘reliv’ was featured.
- Stones Café and Bakery are about to complete their renovations with the final step of new carpet in the dining room. People are also enjoying the new coffee mugs.
- Hansel’s Orchard has another good crop load this year.
- Thad Day presented as a Reservist to the Civil Air Patrol, which is made up of high school to twenty year olds, their core values and ethics.
- Ted Danforth is working on getting Coastal Enterprise Inc., whose county offices have a goal to loan money to business, to come and speak to our group on Sept 21. It was suggested that we make it a larger meeting and host Cumberland Business association, Yarmouth Chamber and the Freeport Network. Chris was going check the availability of the White Pines Meeting Church.
9:00 Meeting was adjourned